Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Week 9: Modern and Post Modern Video Review

I chose Andy Warhol: Images of Images and Abstract Expressionism and Pop: Art of 50's and 60's as the videos to blog about. 

I have always been facinated with Warhol.  I was a fan of the Velvet Underground and I knew that he discovered them.  What I really enjoyed about this video was watching the silk screen process in action.  They took a photograph of Warhol and explained how he created his work.  It was also very interesting to have the Ten Lizes analyzed.  After having things pointed out, I wondered why I hadn't noticed them in the first place.


The video on the art of the 50's and 60's was a bit dry but I liked again how it was broken down into the individual artists so that I could watch each as a separate segment.  I really liked De Koonigs work.  I think I like the colors.

I also was embarassed to know that the Girl with Hair Ribbon was done by Lichtenstein, not Warhol.  I don't know why I always thought it was him.

No comments:

Post a Comment